- When/Where is Conference held?
The 2014 NIRI Annual Conference is held June 8-11 at the Bellagio hotel & spa located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Stay at the Bellagio, enjoy great NIRI rates, and be at the center of all Conference activities.
- What is the agenda?
The agenda was developed by the IR-practitioner Annual Conference Committee to support advancement of the profession, build strong practices, and to help IROs build value in their careers and companies.
View Conference agenda at-a-glance and sessions that both are subject to change as new information is posted.
- Is there a host hotel or headquarters for the Conference?
All Conference sessions and nearly all events are at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The NIRI block has closed. Please contact the Bellagio directly to reserve a room.
Telephone: General Information: 702-693-7111 | Room Reservations: 888-987-6667
- What is included in the cost of my registration?
Your conference registration includes full and open* access to all sessions, the Experience Showcase, keynotes and special events. Breakfast (Tue - Wed), lunch (Mon & Tue), evening receptions (Sun - Tues) and breaks (Mon & Tue) are also included.
*Service providers may not market or sale in sessions, hallways, or networking events. Only sponsorsing exhibitors may engage attendees in the Experience Showcase.
Please note that Saturday seminars require separate registrations and are not included in Conference registration.
- Can I substitute/transfer someone else to attend the Conference?
You can substitute someone else by emailing email@example.com with the new registrant's name and contact information.
- How can I cancel my registration?
Please send all refund requests to Tarik Habayeb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference Registration Cancellation Procedure
May 11: Last day to cancel and receive a refund minus $125 administration fee.
May 12: Beginning on this day, NO refund can be provided for registration cancellations. However, contact NIRI as soon as possible to send a substitute.
- How can I obtain an invoice/receipt for a registration or group of registrations?
A receipt is sent via email at the time of registration. A confirmation email, with more information about your registration, is also sent at that time.
Click on the "My Transaction" link at niri.org/myniri to reprint the system generated receipt.
Should you need additional assistance, please reach out to Mike Hyatt (email@example.com) for a receipt, invoice, or additional questions related to registration receipts and confirmations.
- Are meals included with my registration?
NIRI provides breakfasts, lunch and afternoon breaks on Monday, Tuesday and breakfast on Wednesday. The Welcome Reception on Sunday evening includes hors d'oeuvres. The Extremely Happy Hour reception on Monday and the Experience Showcase on Tuesday includes hors d'oeuvres.
- Is wifi provided?
Free wifi is available in the main Bellagio spaces and in nearly all session rooms. Two Cyber Cafes (Experience Showcase and near the general session room) are available for checking email and printing session material.
The NIRI SSID is NIRI2014 and password is extremeIR (both are case sensitive).
- Do speakers need to register?
All speakers must register for the conference. Conference presenters with an active NIRI membership who are presenting a session or sessions in the conference must register for the Conference even if they are attending for just one day. There is no prorated fee.
- What are the registration deadlines?
Standard registration ends May 17 and Late registration ends June 6. On-Site registration begins on June 7 and runs through the end of Conference.
- Where can I register on site/What are the registration hours?
You may register during the convention at the registration areas located near the Bellagio Tower side and the Spa Tower side of the property.
Saturday, June 7: 1:00pm - 4:00pm (Spa Tower side only)
Sunday, June 8: 11:00am - 8:00pm (Spa & Bellagio Tower)
Monday, June 9: 7:30am - 5:00pm (Spa & Bellagio Tower)
Tuesday, June 10: 7:30am - 5:00pm (Spa & Bellagio Tower)
Wednesday, June 11: 7:30am - 1:00pm (Spa Tower side only)
- How can I attend a pre-Conference seminar?
The very popular pre-Conference seminars are held at the Bellagio on Saturday, June 7th. To attend a seminar, you must register separately from Conference. Register for or learn more about Finance 101 and Managing Shareholder Activism, access the event links from the Agenda at-a-Glance.
Please note that Saturday seminar registrations do not include registration for Conference.
- Do I register for Sunday and Wednesday workshops?
Conference registration entitles you to attend any of the Sunday and Wednesday workshops. Workshop seating is open.
- Can I pay to attend only one day or part of Conference?
We do not offer a partial registration. Please note that Saturday seminar registrations do not include registration for Conference.
- Where do I pick up my name badge and registration material?
Your name badge is required for entry into Conference sessions, the Experience Showcase, and networking events. Pick up your badge at one of the NIRI Express Registration Kiosks or the Full-Registration Desk. Please wear your badge at all times as it is required for entry to all NIRI conference activities.
- Can my guest attend meeting functions, as well as evening receptions?
Guests may not attend sessions, sporting events, or workshops. Guests are allowed to attend the following evening functions:
All guests of registrants must register in order to participate in evening events. The guest fee is $100, is required for access to evening events, and only covers evening events. Guest registrations do not include breakfast, lunch, and session access. Registered guests include any party not professionally in the field of investor relations or a related discipline. A member may not be a guest pass recipient.
- -Sunday Welcome Reception
- -Monday Extremely Happy Hour, and
- -Tuesday Experience Showcase Reception
To register a guest while at Conference, please visit the Need Assistance registration desk.
- What is the attire?
The dress code for the Conference is business casual. Meeting room temperatures will vary, so wear layered clothing to ensure your personal comfort. We also recommend comfortable shoes.
- Is childcare service provided?
Childcare service is not provided. Attendees may contact the concierge at the Conference hotel for hotel and local childcare options.
- Where is the Information Center?
General questions about Conference and NIRI are answered at the NIRI Full-Registration Desk and NIRI Booth (center of the Experience Showcase).
- Where is the Speaker Lounge?
While at Conference, go to NIRI Full-Registration Desk to pick up your name badge as it is required to enter the NIRI Conference space.
The Speaker Lounge is located in the center of our meeting space. This area is exclusively for speakers. A representative of NIRI is in the speaker ready room during Conference hours to assist throughout the event.
Speakers are be able to:
Contact Tammy Dang firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- -preview and practice presentations
- -meet with their panels
- -make edits to presentations
- -ask questions of NIRI staff
- -submit presentations to be uploaded to the Conference website
- Is there audio and videotaping of sessions or broadcasting live on the web?
The General Sessions will be videotaped, and concurrent session and workshop audio will be recorded. All available sessions will be archived for replay by registrants on the NIRI Annual Conference website.
Links to audio and video are included in the material box on session description pages. A session will be marked if it does not have audio, video, or session material.
Registrant log-in is required to access. To access, you must be a 2014 NIRI Annual Conference registrant, did not cancel the registration, and have a valid email address in your NIRI profile.
- Will there be presentation handouts provided onsite?
Per the NIRI less-paper and social responsibility initiative, handouts will not be printed in advance. Session material is accessible from the Conference website and mobile app, and computers and printers are available at the two Cyber Cafes for attendee use. Registrant log-in is required to access.
- What is the closest airport?
Las Vegas McCarran International (airport code LAS) serves the Las Vegas region and is less than 20 minutes from the Bellagio.
- What are the ground transportation options?
The Bellagio Hotel is located approximately 3 miles from McCarran International Airport.
- Taxis: Taxis are located on the east side of the airport's baggage claim area, and cost approximately $20 one-way
- Parking: Valet and self-parking are complimentary
- Shuttle: Varieties of shuttle/limousine services are available at McCarran International Airport, and are located on the west side of baggage claim.
Conference attendees are responsible for their own air travel in and out of Las Vegas, as well as transportation to and from the Bellagio Hotel. We recommend arriving by 11:00am on Sunday, June 8, 2014, and departing no earlier than 2:00pm on Wednesday, June 11, 2014.
- What is the Las Vegas weather?
Las Vegas is currently breaking heat records for thsi time of year. Visit your favoriate weather website for Las Vegas, Nevada weather information.
- Does NIRI provide continuing education credits, CPE credits, or a certificate of attendance?
NIRI provides a certificate of attendance with details of the sessions you attend. You must sign the sign-in log for each session you attend to receive detailed session confirmation on the certificate. You are responsible for submitting the certificate to the appropriate governing body for credit reporting. Learn more and contact Tammy Dang (email@example.com) with inquiries.
- I am attending Conference and I have special needs (dietary, mobility, etc.). How can I inform you of them?
NIRI and the Bellagio will make every effort to meet your specific accommodation needs. Please contact Sharon Wall (firstname.lastname@example.org | 703.562.7682) by May 26, 2014, to allow sufficient time for attempts to address your needs.
- I have more questions about the Conference. Where can I get answers?
Please send inquiries to the Professional Development Team at ProfessionalDevelopment@niri.org.
- Can I email a session description, tweet a session, or add a session to my calendar?
Use the mail icon on the right side of the top menu bar. The email and tweet icons will apply to the page you are on. The calendar icon will display when you are viewing the detail of a session. All times are in U.S. Pacific Time.
NIRI twitter hashtag: #NIRI
Follow NIRI: @NIRI_National
- What are the topic breakout discussions/How do I join a topic breakout discussion?
Topic breakout discussions are IR practitioner-peer facilitated open-forum discussions located in various rooms. Rooms are posted to the topic breakout description page within 2 weeks of Conference.
Come for open dialog. Bring your questions. Engage.
- What is the Global IR Summit and Reception?
This Sunday afternoon event is an opportunity to network with global peers and engage in conversation on IR programs. A reception immediately following the 2 sessions that open the event.
- What is the Extremely Happy Hour?
The Monday happy hour is a reception in the Experience Showcase that will entertain all with music and shows. The event is 5:30-7:30pm.
- What is the Senior Title IR Practitioner Lunch?
The Senior Title IR Practitioner lunch will not be held in 2014. The agenda is full of sessions of great interest to experienced IROs. Please address inquiries to Kraig Conrad.
- Who developed Conference? Who is the Annual Conference Committee
Conference is developed by the Annual Conference Committee (ACC) of IR practitioners. Led by Co-Chairs Mark Donohue (IMPAX Labs) and Laura Graves (PolyCom), ACC began work in the Summer of 2013 and followed a well-defined process that includes:
- -topic identification and ideation
- -review of session concepts submitted by the IR Community (more)
- -a respectful challenge by Co-Chairs and the NIRI research and practices group
- -session refinement via conference calls and in-person meetings where ACC members challenge, defend, and validate session ideas
Please contact Tammy Dang (email@example.com) to learn more about ACC and find out how to join.
- Is there an attendee list?
The electronic attendee list is posted to this site (ac14.niristream.org). The list is provided in electronic form and attendee log-in is required to access the feature.
No printed attendee list will be provided. However, you can print the list in advance, or print onsite from a Cyber Cafe.
- Is there a Conference app?
This site is an app known as a web-based application that will display well on all 3 screens.
The free Conference mobile apps for Android [Google Play] and iOS [Apple App Store] are now available. Please update the agenda to ensure you have the lastest on Conference.
Note: some users may receive a connection message when first opening the app. The app will function correctly after the app fully loads.
Q4 Web Systems is the sponsor of the web and mobile apps.
- Is there an electronic version of the program book/addendum/hotel floor plans/attendee list?
These documents will be available 1 week prior to Conference and require attendee log-in to access. Documents can be printed on site at a Cyber Cafe.
- Can sponsors contact me via email/How did they get my email address?
Per the NIRI policy statement on disclosure of registrant information in the Conference registration confirmation email, NIRI only provides name, title, company, and physical mailing address to Conference sponsors.
Though the policy does not explicitly prevent a sponsor from reaching out via email, NIRI does not provide email addresses.
Additionally, sponsors may not obtain email addresses from the NIRI membership directory.
NIRI assumes that sponsors comply with email opt-out requirements per Federal regulations and include opt-out methods in their communications.
Note that some providers not sponsoring Conference may reach out to you to "fish out" your possible attendance and attempt to meet you. Please respect your IR Community and do not accept meetings with providers who are not sponsoring Conference.
- Can I take and save notes from my device? Are cookies required?
You may take and save notes from sessions by click on the pencil icon [ ] next to a session.
This feature is available to Conference registrants and requires a NIRI website log-in. Cookies must be enabled in your browser.
Note: If the NIRI log-in screen reloads after you enter your log-in information, it is likely that your browser cookie setting is set to not accept cookies.
- What's New at this Conference?
- Concurrents sessions are shorter at 60 minutes or less, all with enough time for crisp dialog and audience questions
- Shorter general sessions each day to keep energy-levels high
- Topic Breakouts are set in rounds and close together for engaging dialog and "topic hopping"
- Topic Vignettes, reformated TED-style sessions with topics that will create lasting conversations
- Sessions start at 9am every day
- Attendee list to have user-provided profile information, including a picture and 'Extreme IR' moment
- Contact exchange via QR code scanning or manually entering attendee code using a computer or mobile device
- Three receptions, including the Extremely Happy Hour... 2 hours of fun immediately after sessions on Monday
- The Industry Summit offers opportunities to engage industry peers, and for underrepresented industries, discussions will form by cap-size and company life-cycle
- A larger area to showcase more IR services
- Two days of prizes, with a special grand prize drawing at Tuesday's Showcase reception
- Lunch in the Showcase on Monday and Tuesday to allow more time to meet providers and network
- What is the Showcase Game or Giveaway Game?
Play the Showcase Giveaway Game and win great prizes! There are two games to play: Sun/Mon and Tue. Play both games to be entered into the grand prize drawing on Tuesday.
The game is played by reading the QR codes with your device and answering a question for each sponsor. The QR code will be available at sponsor's booths. The more questions you answer, the greater chances you will win. The game is only available electronically using either the NIRI2014 app or a tablet device with QR code scanning capabilities, and you must be logged into the Conference mobile or web app to play.
The questions for each game (Sun/Mon and Tue) are different. To be entered into the Grand Prize drawing, you must play the Sun/Mon game on Sunday (6/8) or Monday (6/9), and the Tue game on Tuesday (6/10).
- You must be present at each drawing to win
- Should your name be called and you are not present, you forfeit the prize and you are put back into consideration for the next drawing
- Sponsor giveaway programs are separate, see each sponsor for more detail
- What is the NIRI Bootcamp?
A chance to physically prepare for Extreme IR.
Come join your fellow conference attendees in NIRI's EXTREME high intensity interval training BOOT CAMP. You will challenge your body with intense intervals (20-60 seconds) paired with slower, active recovery intervals (30-90 seconds). Exercises will include plyometrics, burpees, mountain climbers, squats, planks, etc. However, all levels of fitness can participate and adjust the intensity accordingly. This type of training has been used by athletes and non-athletes alike to improve overall fitness and improve our body's ability to burn fat. The workout will conclude with abdominals and stretching.
Small hand towels will be provided.
- Sunday – 10:00 – 10:50am
- Monday – 7:00 – 7:50am
- Tuesday – 7:00 – 7:50am
- Where are the session rooms at the Bellagio?
View the Bellagio Hotel and Session Room Map and Floor Plan for the location of the NIRI meetings space and session rooms.
- Is there a PDF of the program book?
The pdf of the program book is available online. It is ~10MB, please allow a few moments to download.
- What are the QR codes for? How do I add someone to my Conference contacts?
The QR codes available on your badge, or from either the Conference app or web site when you are logged-in, can be scanned to exchange information with that person. You receive their information, they receive yours. You may use the scanner in the app, use your own QR code scanner, or manually enter the matching number.
You may add a note to any contact or attendee for your use. The note is not sent to the contact.
The Sunday/Monday and Tuesday Giveaway Games can only be played by using a QR scanner either from the app or your own QR scanner on your device.
Contacts: Sessions - Tammy Dang (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Sponsors & Exhibits - Mike Hyatt (email@example.com)
Â© Copyright 2014 National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI)